What is the best garden hose? This is a question that many a gardeners grapple with. Unfortunately, it cannot be answered with an arbitrary answer. There are several factors that should be considered in determining what a good hose is and what is not and most importantly, what stands out from the rest.
The quality of the build material is obviously a very important factor to consider as it determines among other factors the durability and the performance of the hose. For example, strengthened latex or rubber hoses are more durable and are less likely to kink compared to ordinary vinyl hoses. However, it is not the only factor to consider. In this review, we considered several factors so that we can provide you with accurate and reliable information to help you make the best choice of garden hose.
Table of Contents
- 1 How We Picked and Tested?
- 2 Why Should you Trust Our Review?
- 3 NaturoHose Expandable Garden Hose with 8 Spray Pattern Nozzle
- 4 VicTsing 50ft Expanding Hose
- 5 Neverkink 8844-50 Series 4000 Commercial Duty Pro Garden Hose
- 6 NeverKink 8615-25 Series 2000 Ultra Flexible Garden Hose
- 7 LawnPRO 50′ Expanding Garden Hose
- 8 Apex 8695-25 Commercial All Rubber Hot Water Hose
- 9 Gilmour PRO Commercial Hose 50 Feet
- 10 zero-G 4001-50 Lightweight, Ultra Flexible, Durable, Kink-Free Garden Hose
- 11 Which is The Best Garden Hose?
How We Picked and Tested?
We did a survey on popular e-commerce websites and picked some of the best-selling and the best rated garden hoses. Our analysts also surveyed gardening online platforms and picked the most talked about gardening hoses. Our experts also put to the test, top reviewed products across many websites, after all, the proof of the pudding is in the eating. Here are the factors that we investigated and what we put to test.
- Flexibility and ease of use
- Whether it kinks or not
- The weight of the hose
- Resistance to abrasion, wear and tear and bursts
- The build material
- Suitability of use in different weather conditions
- The quality of accessories such as couplings
Why Should you Trust Our Review?
We did not just rely on our expertise in gardening that spans many years. BestReviewLab’s experts are constantly researching on best practices and new products in the industry. We are of the ilk that is constantly trying out hoses, nozzles, reels and other gardening accessories to know what works and what doesn’t.
For this review, we have been testing these hoses for close to five months.
NaturoHose Expandable Garden Hose with 8 Spray Pattern Nozzle
The NaturoHose Expandable Garden Hose is probably the best hose you will ever come across. If you are one of those people who think that garden hoses are all the same, you will be surprised by how wrong you have been. A water hose can have incredible strength and yet be flexible and at the same time not weigh you down with too much weight. You could have great performance from a hose built of quality material that doesn’t wear out easily yet without having to pay an exorbitant price. The NaturoHose Expandable Garden Hose offers these and more. It is the best-rated garden hose on many e-commerce websites and certainly the best expandable garden hose.
- It is available in four different lengths. 25ft, 50ft, 75ft and 100 ft. This means that you can choose an ideal size to fit your needs.
- Does not kink, twist or tangle.
- It expands when being used and shrinks after use thereby requiring less storage space.
- Has 3 layers of latex to increase durability.
- It comes with alloy connectors.
- The product includes free spray nozzle with 8 spray patterns.
- It is built to last. This hose includes a polyester fabric outer layer and triple latex layer for the inner pipe making it 3 times stronger than regular hoses of this type.
- It is easy to use. The NaturoHose is lightweight and doesn’t tangle allowing easy operability.
- Alloy connectors are corrosion resistant and do not break meaning you almost never have to replace them.
- The spray nozzle is ergonomic and comes at no extra cost. With this kind of nozzle, you can be able to put this hose into different uses e.g., water different plants, clean stuff, etc.
- It comes with 1-year manufacturer warranty.
- It is not ideal for hot water use.
VicTsing 50ft Expanding Hose
This is another great hose ideal for users without an extensively large garden because it only comes in 50 feet. However, you could still connect two of them if you would need it to reach a far off corner. It is one of the best-selling hoses in the market today for several reasons. First, it combines light weight with remarkable flexibility making it the best coiled garden hose. It includes a carrying bag for easy storage and transportation.
- A length of 50 feet that is ideal for most household uses.
- Built-in shut off brass valve
- Made of extremely durable natural latex and a tough outer cover.
- It can withstand high water pressure of up to 9 Bar.
- Compatible with most nozzle attachments.
- Can be used for high-pressure needs such as washing the car or carpet
- It has a shut-off valve on the user end, therefore, no need to keep going to the tap to turn off the water.
- Shrinks up to 3 times its full size when not in use for easy storage.
- It has brass fittings which can withstand high or low temperatures allowing use even in harsh weather.
- The manufacturer offers a 12 months warranty and 45 days money back guarantee.
- It is not as sturdy as the NaturoHose and may not be as resistant to kinking.
Neverkink 8844-50 Series 4000 Commercial Duty Pro Garden Hose
This could be the best 100ft garden hose of commercial duty quality although it also comes in 50ft and 75 ft. This hose is one of the most sturdy hoses that you will come across anywhere in the market. It is ideal for heavy commercial use although it can be used for many tasks around the home. This is an American made product that features patented technology which eliminates any chance of kinking or twisting.
- Ultra flexible folding up to 45 degrees
- Non-torsion system technology that prevents kinking, twisting or tangling.
- Industrial grade aluminum couplings.
- Microshield technology which prevents the growth of microorganisms ensuring safe water.
- Available in 5/8th” and 3/4″ diameter
- This hose does not kink or twist ensuring ease of use.
- It is manufactured in the U.S
- It offers antimicrobial protection through micro shield technology hence cannot harbor disease-causing microorganism.
- Lead-free aluminum couplings which cannot be crushed plus an extra strong coil which prevents kinking at the faucet.
- Some buyers have complained that this hose leaks at the connection with the faucet.
- The washer it comes with could be of a better quality.
- Heavier than most hoses and therefore not very suitable for home use.
- It is a bit pricey.
NeverKink 8615-25 Series 2000 Ultra Flexible Garden Hose
This hose is made from the same company that manufactures the Neverkink 9844-50 Series 4000. The main difference between the two is that unlike series 4000, the NeverKink 8615-25 Series 2000 is not commercial duty which basically means that it is not as sturdy. It is more focused for home use and is actually cheaper than the former. It is a durable hose and incorporates patented Reflex Mesh technology which basically reduces the chances of forming kinks or twists.
Its water output is decent and can be found in sizes of up to 130 feet. For such lengths, we recommend the use of hose reels. The best garden hose reel should accumulate much longer lengths and should be easy to operate.
- It features Non-Torsion System which prevents kinking
- Mold, mildew and other microbial organisms’ protection through incorporated
- MicroShield technology.
- High-quality lead-free couplings.
- Ultra flexible and easy to use.
- High-quality material that does not wear out easily.
- This hose did not kink during testing. It incorporates a special ergo rigid sleeve that prevents kinking at the faucet.
- Anti-microbial protection that prevents decay of the hose and spreading of potentially harmful microorganisms.
- It is easy to maneuver due to its ultra-flexibility.
- Can be used with a variety of nozzles to suit specific needs.
- Some buyers have complained that their garden hoses arrived kinked from the manufacturer.
- A number of buyers have reported durability issues such as leaks on the sides although these are less common.
- It seems all the hoses from this company come with poor quality washers.
LawnPRO 50′ Expanding Garden Hose
This is a heavy duty garden hose yet light weight. In fact, this is easily the best lightweight hose under $30. This hose holds true its promise of not kinking thanks to an intricate manufacturing process and well thought out material compared to ordinary light rubber or plastic. Being made of strong woven fabric this hose does not leak and is cannot rapture easily.
It is ideal for a multitude of ordinary home use and due to its light weight, it can be packed while travelling to use for cleaning the car or for other uses. It can be used with many different types of nozzles to fit different specific needs.
- Ultra- modern woven fabric casing
- All copper fittings and quality steel clamps
- Kink free hose
- Light hose weighing less than 20 pounds
- Easy to store as it shrinks under 20 feet.
- It is sturdy and highly durable. This hose has a seamless casing made of 5000 denier woven fabric. This kind of craftsmanship eliminates the chances of leakages and ensures an extended lifespan.
- Unlike other lightweight hoses made of polymers, the LawnPRO 50 does not kink.
- High quality copper fittings that do not rust and work well in high-pressure environment.
- It has one-year manufacturer warranty.
- Expands when being used and retracts while not in use for easy storage.
- Light weight and can easily be packaged and transported.
- The female end of the washer does not fit well into some spigots and additional seal is required.
Apex 8695-25 Commercial All Rubber Hot Water Hose
This most certainly is the best garden rubber hose going by customer reviews and ratings on various websites. It is a commercial grade all rubber hose that is adapted to function well even in extreme climate. Being made of sturdy rubber, it is not affected much by heat or cold. As a matter of fact, it is one of the few hoses that can be used with both cold and hot water.
It has a rigid sleeve at the faucet to prevent kinking and the inconvenience associated with it. Rubber has a natural feel and this hose has a good texture and a comfortable feel. It is very flexible and easy to manage. Rubber is also corrosion resistant and has great resistant to wear and tear.
- Made of high quality rubber.
- Ideal for hot or cold water use.
- Brass couplings that do not rust
- Leak proof
- Accommodates hot water of temperatures as high as 180 degrees making it ideal for commercial or home use.
- Made of commercial grade rubber making it very durable.
- It is highly unlikely to leak or burst
- Has brass couplings that do not rust
- It comes with a lifetime warranty from the manufacturer.
- Rubber hoses are heavier and bulkier than non-rubber ones. Although we did not notice kinking, some buyers have experienced it with their hoses.
Gilmour PRO Commercial Hose 50 Feet
This garden hose combines both rubber and vinyl to produce a hose that has the benefits of rubber while at the same time being light. It is a heavy duty hose that is built to commercial grade standards able to withstand abrasion and harsh weather giving uncompromised service for a long time.
- Made from a combination of vinyl and double reinforced rubber.
- It has burst strength of 500 PSI
- Comes with heavy duty metal coupling
- The couplings have O-ring to minimize chances of leaking.
- This hose has the durability of rubber yet not as heavy.
- It can withstand high pressure without bursting
- Comes with a lifetime manufacturer warranty.
- It has a plastic feel
- Some buyers have complained about leaking at the nozzle connection.
zero-G 4001-50 Lightweight, Ultra Flexible, Durable, Kink-Free Garden Hose
This another light hose, 50% lighter than most commercial grade vinyl and rubber hoses. It is an American made product that is made to high-quality specifications. It is tough and puncture resistant making it suitable for light commercial activities while its light weight allows makes it ideal to be used for household activities. This pipe delivers water that is safe for drinking however; it is advisable to use a chlorine filter to remove traces of chlorine and chloramines. The best chlorine filter for garden hose should be able to remove a variety of contaminants including traces of pesticide and mineral deposits.
- Tough and can withstand abrasion
- Lighter than commercial hoses
- It is kink resistant
- Can be used with standard hose reels
- Has Tru-Flex Inner Core that prevents kinking
- It comes with couplings that are crush proof and which do not leak
- The couplings are lead-free making it safe in the delivery of drinking water.
- It is highly resistant to bursting
- Flexible and therefore easy to use even in cold weather.
- It is easy to kink if your water flow has low pressure
Which is The Best Garden Hose?
After rigorous testing, researching on customer feedbacks and reviews, we can reveal that the NaturoHose Expandable Garden Hose with 8 Spray Pattern Nozzle is not only the best retractable garden hose but also the best buy among our reviewed garden hoses. This is based on its performance, durability, ergonomics and adds on such as the 8 spray pattern nozzle which can be described as the best garden hose nozzle.